What Is Postpartum Depression?, What Causes Postpartum Depression?, What Are The Consequences Of Postpartum Depression?
The postpartum period is a time of unrivaled demands and unique stresses, and is a developmentally challenging time for new parents even in the best of circumstances. During a normal postpartum experience, it is not unusual for new parents to experience heightened family and family-of-origin issues associated with the transition to parenthood. For example, adjustments usually need to be made in areas such as sleep schedules, employment, and role allocation. And, even for seasoned parents, there is the adventure of understanding the particular infant's unique temperament, needs, vulnerabilities, and strengths. The experience of depression in the mother during the postpartum period transforms an already challenging adventure into a potentially overwhelming one.
- Poverty - Causes Of Poverty, Consequences Of Poverty, Programs For Children Living In Poverty
- Play - What Is Play?, The Importance Of Play, Elements Of Children's Play, Social Elements Of Play
- Postpartum Depression - What Is Postpartum Depression?
- Postpartum Depression - What Causes Postpartum Depression?
- Postpartum Depression - What Are The Consequences Of Postpartum Depression?
- Postpartum Depression - Are Interventions Effective In Treating Postpartum Depression?
- Postpartum Depression - Summary
- Other Free Encyclopedias